Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. Let me begin by getting the bad stuff out of the way... I have a sinking feeling tomorrow is going to s.u.c.k. It might have been a rumor but I thought I over heard something to the affect of case file reviews at work. Nothing makes my stomach sink more. You think you're doing a good job but there's always someone out there to let you know otherwise. And these people are generally brutal and have NEVER done you're job before. So, say a little prayer with me tonight!
Update: I started this list last night. Today went better than I thought or at least it could have gone a lot worse. Prayers worked and you didn't even know you were praying for me!

2. On to better news... we held another successful yard sale on Saturday. It's amazing how much stuff one has. Even now, we could probably hold another one and still make another $100. Insane.

3. In my personal opinion... there are two things that create a successful yardsale (1) hold it in a good neighborhood. Rich people's junk is always better than mine, right? and (2) one hyphenated word makes all the difference: Multi-family.

4. Besides getting rid of two pets, any thoughts on how to stop my dog from barfing on the floor and stop my cat from shedding? You'd be my hero if you could figure that out for me. And while you're at it, figure out a way to teach them to clean my house while I'm away. That would seriously make my day.

5. I love this time of year but there is one thing that drives me crazy year after year... I'll send weeks hunting down the best deal on the perfect gift and either 1 of 2 things will happen - I'll miss the best deal waiting for another one to happen (ie. last year's blu-ray incident) or I'll purchase too soon and find a better deal later on (ie. this year's moon incident). And I'm too cheap to pay shipping to return an item. I wish there was a way items would say "Hey loser, this is the best deal your going to get - Take it."

6. Aiden lost another tooth yesterday. We're down two now. And I can already see the need for orthodontics. Guess that gives me 5-7 years to start saving, right? Ah, I say that like I can even save for Christmas, let along dental work a decade from now!

7. Saturday is our annual Pirate football game. There was apparently an unwritten statement in our marital contract which requires me to one live-and-in-person football game a year. As a dutiful and faithful wife, I have fulfilled my requirement for the last 8 years - totalling 8 games, not one more :-). But seriously, I don't mind them. It's just difficult to entertain a 5 year old in 24 inches of wiggle room for 3+ hours.

8. Having said #7: Lets go Pirates! (guilt...)

9. I'm still recovering from Saturday's night Orange Chicken incident. Thank you Parker's for coming to my rescue.

10. And for the finale... We're counting the days until we get to spend a great Thanksgiving with the Lewis'! 9 days and counting.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Welcome back and that picture is too cute.

Katie Lewis said...

We are too!!!!!But I don't have a picture to add...maybe tomm? ;-)