Friday, January 16, 2009

Progress on Project 365

I thought I'd give you an update on my experiences so far with Project 365: A Year's Journey. I've enjoyed the purpose it's given over the last 10 or so odd days. It reminds me to look for something unique in each day and to capture it. I've also had the camera out a lot more which is exciting because I'm willing to try new shots or angles without worry to how they will all finish up. When your taking pictures at a wedding or birthday party, there's a pressure that every picture be perfect in order to capture the essence of it all. But with this, there's no pressure. No requirement to even take a picture of anything of importance. And that's made it fun!

Now... it's hard to remember to take a picture at least once a day, especially when you spend 9 hours a day in a tiny little office staring at either a babbling client or a stark black keyboard. Kinda limiting... Then there's the weather... It's cold and only getting colder. So, yes, right now you are practically getting the tour of my home or random things I come across along the way. Hopefully, once the days are longer and the weather's warmer, we'll be outside and I can capture more. Then there was this week's delay. What can I say? It's been busy and I'm keeping a kick-butt Super Nanny bedtime schedule... So, I tried to post pictures to reflect the last two days. Oh well, I'm not perfect... But I'm sticking with it. We shall see where it all leads.

No comments: