Thursday, May 28, 2009

Has it Been That Long? Really?

Well, I guess it's time for the unintentional, self-induced sabbatical to end. I can hardly believe that it's been two weeks. Let me catch you up on what we've been doing...



Well, there you go. That about sums it up.

Sike. (haha - I've been waiting forever to use that word)

Although, we did spent Memorial Weekend with the parents on Kerr Lake in the RV. Don't get me wrong, there is something crunchy and holistic in that nature kind of way that I like about camping under the stars and all. But the girl in me is so much happier at night in the RV.

Aiden and his Gigi
Gigi was the fish catching queen this weekend.
I think Jamie was jealous (don't tell him I said so though...)

Aiden and his sitting rock
Unusual sand, don't you think? It was some weird, thick blanket type
thing put down to keep the bank from washing away.

Neighbors...

Our trip was also filled with quite a few learning experiences. Next to our site lived a mommy and daddy Killdeer (birdies). They spend most of the weekend safeguarding their four little eggs and running off anyone who came within 10 feet of their nest.

And on another note, Jamie's iphone saved the day, helping to identify the bird. Damn appl even came with a soundbite. Go figure...

Just so you don't feel left out. I found one for you too - just click right here. Lucky for us, they were quiet at night.

And finally... Any thoughts on what this is?

No comments: