Saturday, May 2, 2009

One of My Favorite Things About Spring


Yea, the Farmer's Market is back in full swing. And you should see the smile on my face! I am so thankful to have some locally grown foods in my cabinet and on my table. Please tell me you support locally grown foods. If not, you should - The benefits are endless! You're first step: Check out Local Harvest. It's a fantastic spot to find out about local farms, CSA's, speciality spots (for local meats, veggies, milk products), local farmer's markets, and community events.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Farmers markets are the best! I love it in the height of summer, to be up and at the market by 7am, tons of people and tons of produce. The best part is getting to know the people who grow the food you're about to eat.

I was at the market at 7am today and ended up with a sack full of little white potatoes, tomatoes, asparagus, spinach, swiss chard, apples, and green onions.

Jenn Sugg said...

You obviously have a much larger market than our local little bitty one. Maybe I should come for a visit? :-) But we did manage to snag some tomatoes, asparagus, onions, and red skinned potatoes. Tons of strawberries are out too, but I think we'll pick these ourselves.

Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Ours isn't very big, but it's the 3rd oldest market in the US, so I guess that stands for something. ;) I am rather fond of it, it's just big enough without being too big. I get overwhelmed when I go to the big market in Raleigh -- too many vendors and most of them don't even try to talk to you.

Come and visit ours sometime, it's a lot of fun. We'll hook you up with our favorite vendors and you can bring home lots of goodies ... and even wine!

Danielle