Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mixing Things Up - Posting a 10 on Wednesday

1. I'm sick. It sucks. I can't decide if it's some yucky sinus issue or the beginnings of a cold. I'm leaning towards the cold - I'm just too tired and achy with a slight head. It is not the flu. You can leave your masks at home if coming to visit me.

2. Work s.u.c.k.s. Nuff said.

3. Sucks appears to the word of the day. Maybe I'll try to add it to each of the following for your enjoyment. Just kidding. I'm not feeling that creative tonight.

4. I owed the biggest library fee ever. Seriously. I promise. You better sit down for this - $110.96. Yes, can you believe it?!? I borrowed a book on CD from the library and apparently when Jamie drove my car recently he moved the seat back, breaking it in half. Just my luck, the CD is no longer in print ANYWHERE. Who knew it could be so freakin' expensive?

5. I was brave and did the grown up thing. I went to the library director to negotiate a reduced fee. Used my DR skills. Even did research so that I could ever-so-kindly argue the valid point that even if I paid the full fee, the CD set was no longer in print and it could not be replace (yes, I felt bad about this). But surprisingly, the director was way more reasonable (and friendly) than the first woman I spoke with and we were able to negotiate a very reasonable deal. Thanks Mr. Nelms!

6. Jamie just corrected me about the chronological order of events for the movie Ghost. I find that mildly amusing. Slightly concerning.

7. I'm itching to revamp our living room. Well, the entire house to be honest. But I should go one room at a time. Should probably start with the ones I still haven't finished from when we move in 4 years ago - ie our bedroom, Aiden's room, etc - but that seems too reasonable.

8. The living room seems like a good place to start. It feels too formal for my taste. I want something warm and welcoming. If you have a flair for interior design, feel free to stop by and give me some tips. Just call in advance so that I can make sure the house isn't in a destroyed state.

9. Aiden's sleeping on his top bunk tonight. That's pretty big stuff around here.

10. I'm struggling with Halloween and Christmas ideas for the kid. I want so desperately to move away from the traditional media types things. Any suggestions?

No comments: