Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Memory

Margueritte Rebecca Chester Muse Childers
1926-2008

I haven't post in nearly a week, no make that two. It's not for a lack effort, but each time I try, the words just haven't been there. At 82, my grandmother past away the Friday before last. She went fast and I hope with a great deal of peace. It was an extraordinary event to see a family that has struggled, gather near to support her in her journey and to support one another as well. But my heart aches for each of them even now.

I feel mixed with guilt at times. An extraordinary woman, a link to my family heritage and past, and I let her slip by, never knowing her true story. But I have peace in that our souls are connected and will meet again one day.

And is it odd that in death, I am reminded of life? The need to love more, to forgive often, to hate less. It has become clear to me that life has a mission: to be prayerful daily, intentional in your actions, and purposeful in your words and deeds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It must be extra hard with the holidays at hand. My condolences.