Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Fall Favored


Dare I ask if you missed me? Being that I have an average of probably 4 readers (myself included), you probably didn't even notice I was gone. I'd love to tell you I've been taking an internet sabbatical, but the truth is that I've wasted all my time probing the internet for the best bargains for this holiday season. Correction, I wouldn't say all that time was wasted, I've found my share of bargains! And there is nothing like an Amazon or other Cyber Monday special to teach you 'seize the day' because it won't be there for long. When it's gone, you'll pay for it, literally!

Seems like not only are the days shorter but they are so much busier. Every evening is filled with some sort of event or meeting. But honestly, I *love* this time of year. Between Halloween and New Years is a magical time. There is a warmth in the chill of the air - a sparkle or magic of some kind. Just seeing the fall of the leaves just makes me smile. This season gives me the feeling and realization that there is nothing more important than good friends and close family.

The photo above is taken from my uncle's lake house just over a year ago. I love that you can begin to see the change in the leaves. And I'm thrilled because my family will be celebrating Christmas there. It's a beautiful place and I'm counting down the days!

No comments: