Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Can I still do 10 if it's not Tuesday?

1. It’s not Tuesday. It’s Wednesday, Hump Day. One day closer to the end of another week. Can I get an Amen?
2. This weekend we are going to the Great Wolf Lodge, or a ‘hotel with a pool’ according to Aiden.
3. Seven weeks from now I’ll be doing absolutely nothing and it will be glorious! I’m taking a week for a little mother/daughter time while on a conference in Oklahoma.
4. Twelve weeks from now Aiden starts Kindergarten. My stomach churns just thinking about that.
5. I’m officially apologizing and sending a big THANK YOU to KT. Somehow she remains to be my friend no matter how big of a whiner (or bitch) I am. Opps, sorry. Someone cover the children’s ears when reading this aloud.
6. We just had the world’s most expensive car inspection ever - $1000. Say bye-bye emergency fund.
7. But I’ve learned a lot about my car through the experience. Apparently she was made in Canada but has California Emissions. In addition, the manifold and catalytic converter are molded together (so when one breaks you have replace both and in my case, find a place that sales one that meets CA emissions as well– yeah, good luck…) And I think it was also mentioned that I have two catalytic converters on my car. Does that mean I have two manifolds too?
8. What is a manifold? Sounds like a man’s wallet to me.
9. Last weekend we formally joined our church (finally…). It feels right to have made that commitment. This is only the only church I’ve ever joined besides the one I grew up in.
10. I wrote this on a 'left hand smoke break,' so I should probably get back to work now.

1 comment:

Katie Lewis said...

Silly girl - no apology or thank you needed. I do just as much whining (bitching..cover those ears again!). That's what friends are for, right? At least you have a well-traveled car, right? It has a little culture to it - Canada, California....at least it's not just plain old Detroit. :)

Love ya!