Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Ten's Been Reduced to (five)

1. We are women; We have double standards to live up to. - Ally McBeal
So, after all of that ranting last week about public school uniforms, we've had a significant shift in plans for the fall. Thursday I received a call from the director of Aiden's daycare. A space has come available in their Kindergarten class and we've decided to keep him there for the program. Now, how is it that I have such strong opinions on public school uniforms but nothing to say about private school uniforms? It's a double standard, I know...

2. You can imagine my first thought as soon as Ms. Tammy said her name. I think it was something similar to: Again? Yes, I can come pick him up. Isn't it terrible that this is my first thought? Although after the week he's had so far, I wouldn't be surprised if they call back to say they've changed their minds...

3. Okay, I have to disclose a little work secret. One such worker in my building (whom shall remain anonymous) has several, no multiple, framed pictures of a said President posted throughout her office. It surpasses any level of respectfulness and borders on obsession... Any who, this AM as I'm attempting to sneak in, late again (dope), I catch a whiff of Pledge, lemon scented by the way. I turn to see said worker, up to her elbows in gloves, waxing her Presidential shrine. Waxing... seriously... Who ever said government workers don't work? She was making that baby shine!

4. I have entirely too much to do before I leave for my trip this weekend. And yep, you guessed it, I'm procrastinating each step of the way. You'd think I'd learn when it comes to procrastination.

5. Recently, in a parenting magazine, I read about a creative use for that timer we bought for our Christmas tree last year. Aiden, even at 5 - I know... still sneaks in our room at night, well usually in the early AM hours. To put a stop to it, we hooked his night light up to a timer. He understands that he can only come out of his room once the light goes off in the AM. Seems to work so far.

(My list is reduced to five on account of exhaustation! I'm heading to bed.)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hi Jenny,

When you have a chance please stop by If the Trees Had Ears to pick up your Honest Scrap Award.

Cheers,
Danielle