Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuesday, again?

Is it really Tuesday, again? Wow... Here's my 10.

1. Two weeks from today, I'll be on vacation. Did you catch that? I'll. Not us. Me. Vacation. Fun. This will be my first week long vacation in three years. I'm tagging along with my mom to Oklahoma for a conference. Free room and board. I'm in! Plus, did I mention that I'm going? Five glorious days. Of course I'll miss work and home... maybe. At least home. Definitely home.

2. Six weeks until Aiden starts Kindergarten. Six... It doesn't feel possible. Kindergarten was suppose to be so far away and yet, here it is. Would I be selfish to say that I don't want him to go?

3. Along with school comes UNIFORMS. Yes, can you believe it? Since when do public school kids wear uniforms. Apparently I'm in the minority, but uniforms? Seriously? Supposedly, it is argued that the kids will learn more because there will be less social influence based what they are wearing. Hmm, here's an idea... smaller classes, more educational funding, better pay for teachers, additional educational opportunities for students who don't learn well in the traditional classroom. And dare I mention the words educational vouchers or single sexed classrooms/schools? Just my opinion.

4. The other argument is uniforms is that it doesn't cost the parents more. I'm still trying to figure this one out. Whoever wrote the policy apparently has never had a growing 5 year old son. Not only do I have to purchase one set of khakis and single color button up shirts (which he's sure to outgrow by the next season) but I also have to purchase a second set of play clothes, church clothes, weekend jeans, etc because I'm not likely to let him play in the sacred school khakis. I only have two words which bring any promise to this situation: Consignment Sale.

5. Maybe I won't complain as much about uniforms when getting dressed is a breeze. Then again, I have a son - A son that takes after his dad (unfortunately) when it comes to dressing, so he probably wouldn't care anyway. Although the button up shirts are going to really upset him, I haven't told him about this yet - it's one of his corky sensory issues.

6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! (today's my dad's birthday, not sure if he reads this... but just in case)

7. I think we've pissed off our neighbors. Opps. Tonight I saw that they hung a sign reading "Stay off grass dog." They could have just said something... But I'm tempted to post one reading 'Pick up your cigarette butts.' But I'm not that type of person.

8. This list kinda sucks, huh? Wow. (Sorry)

9. I'm looking for a book or three to take with me on my v-a-c-a-t-i-o-n. I'm pretty set on Manda's copies of the Twilight series. Got any suggestions to top that?

10. For the record, I skipped the MJ memorial. Say what you will...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I skipped the MJ memorial too.
You can borrow my books. I'm sure that over 2300 pages will occupy you the whole week. seriously.

Presonally, I'm all for uniforms. Can you imagine how easy that makes life? Also, there would be none of this 23 dresses in Savannah's closet crap she has going on now, because it would all be uniform.