Monday, February 16, 2009

Blogging has been slow lately...

Seems like I go through stages with blogging - some days I could blog all day long about a zillion different things of relative significance. Then other days I could think of a zillion things to blog about but nothing of importance at the time. Guess that is the way of the blog.

But it's a busy time of year for us with birthdays and Valentines. Aiden's birthday was a success, all in all. He was a little upset and confused as to why no one came to visit him on his actual birthday. I suppose by then he had forgotten about the slew of people that were here the Saturday before. But Jamie and I played hookie and were able to spend the day with him, doing all of his favorite things. So that's what counts, right? I know your dying to know what his favorite things include, aren't you? Umm, that would be lunch at Sam's... Club that is. Can't beat the dog deal for $1.70. Followed by a little shopping for the perfect PlayStation game, followed by a little PlayStation, dinner at Chic-Fil-A, and did I mention a little PlayStation. Gotta love the PlayStation, right? ...I'd trade it for a clothes hanger some to most days. But it does entertain boys big and small. I have pictures of the birthday too, well a few. Will post ASAP.

Valentine's is always low key around here. Being that Jamie is in the restaurant business, you can imagine how insane that is on Valentines, or the whole weekend for that matter. In fact, I believe the only time we've ever spend this holiday together is when I happened to work there.

But don't fear, we always find a way to make up the lost time. The thing to remember is that it doesn't really matter if you spend the actual holiday together. The day is not that important. It's the idea that you remember to take time to celebrate your partner. Theoretically, we should do that every day right? That's what I do... theoretically...

No comments: