Monday, August 18, 2008

A Boy Calls His Gigi

As they get older, you expect your little ones to do more for themselves. Aiden is certainly no exception. These days he's getting his own snack, pouring his own juice, even making his own chocolate milk - I'm just waiting for the day that gallon of milk hits the floor! He also starts and stops his own movies and games, surfs kiddie-friendly websites, and showers instead of bathes.

But what I didn't expect was to find Aiden hiding out in my car last week talking on the phone. While I was chatting it up with the babysitter, Aiden snuck into my purse and snatched my cell phone. Next thing I know, he's dialing Gigi (that would be my mom). Where do they learn these things? It was obviously intentional. Since then, he's done this several times. Gigi, you should be prepared to receive random calls throughout the day and/or night from a thief of a boy who has found my phone.

I may have to begin using the lock or password to keep this from happening... Hmm, maybe Aiden can show me how?

As if that wasn't enough, a little later as he continues to talk to his Gigi, I hear this And you know what else Gigi, she told me that if I liked you the best, then maybe I should come live with you. I dare say I have to say who she is, right? I had a good laugh about it because how many parents haven't said this at some point. Just never expected the 4 year old to turn me in for it!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You know I can hear him saying just that! Too funny.

ladybug624 said...

And I, as the receiver of that special call thought his Mom had called and handed him the phone as from time to time when he is ready to talk to me Aiden has her dial me. Therefore, I thought this was the occasion. I enjoyed the call and even got to talk with his friend who was with him! I look forward to more calls. I enjoyed having you up for the weekend. Come again soon, just do not promise not to cry when you leave!

Love and hugs,