Saturday, August 30, 2008

Didn't Wanna Jinx It

Around the Sugg household, it's been a pretty big week!

Aiden began his adventure in Pre-K. I've wanted to write on this all week. But this late week funk has kept me from doing so and I just didn't want to jinx it! This happens to be his first experience with full day childcare as well. I fell in love with the center from the first visit. So I was incredibly happy to hear him say how much he likes it! Naptime... the kid even enjoys naptime. Trying pulling off a naptime around this house is a hairpulling exercise. The hope is that the full day concept will bring some stablity to Aiden's routine and to level off his crazy mood swings! So far... So very good!

Several weeks ago, Aiden informed me that he wants to do karate like Uncle Matt. No offense Uncle Matt, I know it's Taekwondo, but try explaining the difference to a four year who just wants to be a TMNT and thinks that real Turtles live in NYC. My initial thought was that this kid doesn't need to know any other ways to act out toward me. But the more I considered it, I realized that training for martial arts may give him a since of discipline, a way to focus and learn respect. I began researching classes in the area. Not a lot of luck trying to find a program for 4 year olds. But this morning, Aiden and I visited the local Taekwondo school. My intention was to have a ton of pics for you to see Aiden with his little classmates in their 'just too darn cute outfits.' Unfortunately that wasn't the case... because in order to take pics with his classmates, he has to first join them! Could not get this kid to leave my side. I resolved to looking through the window which was soon ruined by the incessant Get on with it... When will they ever be done... How much longer? This wasn't annoyed sibling or misunderstood parent behind us, this was MY child! Needless to say, we didn't make it past the warm ups before having to excuse ourselves. A time out or two later and a gallon of tears, he's decided to give Taekwondo another shot another Saturday. If you see pics later, then you know round two was a keeper!

In other family news, Jamie is the proud new owner of an iphone. Andy (the dog) must be getting more senile as he ages. His whining is a bit obsessive in the morning even before the dreaded alarm clock goes off. That crosses a line in my book! Aiden asked to wear my theatre this afternoon. Luckily that was just my deodorant and not something else. And Millie (the cat, my only female comrade in this crazy household)... she and I are just hanging out, trying not to go insane, but taking it all day by day!

No comments: