Thursday, August 7, 2008

Is This How It Will Be?

Saturday night as we sat around the table of a local restaurant, I pondered if my parent's once pictured that this is how it would be? With a sitter for the tots, my sisters, brother-in-laws, Mom & Dad enjoyed bonofide *grown up dinner*. It's one of those times that you cherish - when you truly feel connected - a time that you wish for again and again.

So, I wonder as I often do, is this how they thought it would be? Will I be fortunate enough to enjoy times like these with my own children? And how is it that you survive the daily trials of parenthood in order to appreciate these things? How many times do we miss out on now because we are too consumed with the things around us?

A friend wrote to me today saying That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet. What will you fill-in in place of That? For me, it is the relationships with others. The ones that are in the past, the ones I have now, and the ones of my future.

No comments: