Thursday, March 12, 2009

Random Things

So, here it is Thursday already and I still haven't uploaded last weekend’s pictures to my computer. So instead of more Aiden pics (which I'm sure you can never get enough of...), I thought I'd give you 10 random things about me.

1. I've spent the last two weeks checking out food blogs. I love all the great ideas they post. And if it has pictures, even better. I rarely make a recipe without a picture. I need to SEE that it's turning out right.

2. That being said, I haven't cooked anything worth mentioning in a while besides pizza and hot dogs. Pretty sad, huh?

3. I've stuck to one New Year's Resolution so far... Probably one not even mentioned here. But I continue to make all of our bread (well, minus the hot dog or hamburger rolls). I haven't bought a loaf since December. It actually saves quite a bit of money and is way better for you. Plus it makes cheese toast that completely rocks!

4. I love black beans. It sounds crazy, but I do - put'em in a soup, salad, salsa, taco - I'll eat'em.

(Okay, since the first four thoughts were about food - Can you tell that I am completely unsatisfied with today's lunch of noodles and carrots - uck! I need real food, people. But on to other topics.)

5. I only wear my engagement ring. It’s because I like to pretend that I'm not REALLY married. No, not really. It's easier to pick up guys this way. Okay, no, that's not true either. (I'm just helping to dispell some myths about the situation.) Truth is - I have an allergy to gold apparently. Only the best - platinum - will do for me. Within a day of putting on my wedding band, my entire finger breaks out. Talk about a literal 7 year itch... And I'm too cheap to buy me a platinum band.

6. Procrastination is my middle name. It's not intentional. I truly try my hardest to plan and do things in advance. I like to think that the therapist that once told me I procrastinate because I'm a passive perfectionist was right.

7. My worst fear is not seeing Aiden grow up. That needs no elaboration.

8. Every night before I fall asleep I use my Blackberry to read up on celebrity gossip (thanks, People Magazine) and then play a game of Sudoku before I'm off to sleep.

9. I've attended 10 different schools in my lifetime. Aiden says that makes me way smarter than Jamie because he only went to three. But then at other times he'll tell me that Dad learned way more in school than I did because he knows all about the Millennium Falcon and I don't.
Um, sweet pea, that still makes me smarter...

10. I love punctuation - have you noticed? I use a ton of (...) in just about everything I type. And on that topic - I'm a terrible speller. Thanks for never saying anything about it to me before now.

So, there you go - 10 random things about me. Don't use'em against me!

No comments: