Sunday, March 1, 2009

He Gets That From His Grandfather

What is it about the rain that makes children move at the speed of snails? It's been raining cats and dogs all weekend long. So each time we've headed out in to the cold frigid rain, it's been a process getting Aiden into the car - come on kid, it's like 5 steps from the front door.

But each time we've returned home, he's taken this insane route from car seat to door, wandering through the parking lot in the down pour.

I finally gave in and ask what the bloody hell he was up to. His response I'm taking a short cut. In his defense, I finally understood that he had listened to all the times I asked him not to step in the puddles but to go around them. However, in this situation there is no such thing and he was getting drenched in the process.

But for my sisters and myself, the term of short cut will forever and always be associated with that trip to Myrtle Beach. ...the one where we followed signs for Beach Traffic for hours while being the only car on the road... Never has it take 8 hours to make that trip since. Especially since it's a 4 hour drive.

Much like my Dad and his love for scenic short cuts, it appears my son has inherited this all too charming trait. ...a lucky girl that catches him one day... hope she can read a road map.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That is too funny! I knew exactly what you were talking about before I read the post. Oh and he looks even more hansome in these pictures!