Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Another 10 - On Tuesday This Time!

1. Today was Aiden's first day of school. Can you believe it? Kindergarten! I won't turn this into a top 10 'cause I'm planning to blog about it tonight and bore you with all the details, maybe even post a little photo footage for your enjoyment.

2. However, I can blog about other kids starting school, right? A friend of mine informed me that at their Kindergarten open house they were informed that each child would have a personal laptop to use during school hours. This was Kindergarten orientation and not orientation for Wake Forest University, right?

3. Wow... showing my age there, huh? It was like 10 years ago when they gave all incoming freshmen laptops. Well, gave probably wasn't the right word. It was included in the $25k/year tuition. They definitely paid for them - some, I imagine (like myself...) still are.

4. I should probably note that said friend does NOT live in NC. Imagine that...

5. Last weekend rocked! I had a little girl time with some of the old CPW's crew that I haven't hung out with in years. They're a really fun group. Why didn't I hang out with them more?
A. Happy Birthday Lorrie!
B. I should enter a cheese ball shaping contest. Nuff said.

6. I'm a South Beach drop out. I don't want to talk about it. Well, maybe I do... I want to get this whole skinny thing right. I'm tired of planning and then skipping out on the follow through. I just want to stick with something till the end. Oh me...

7. That is my biggest pet peeve about myself: Self discipline, or the lack there of. But how do you change it? Start small, sure. But my goals are so BIG. I don't even know where small begins anymore.

8. I'm addicted to the People Magazine app on my Blackberry.

9. Jamie's already getting facebook messages about his 20th High School reunion. Hehe.. yeah, I said 20th...

10. I've turned into a superhero nazi at my house. For better or worse, I've boxed up every superhero toy that does not exhibit some type of educational, non-violent value. Maybe it's a test or maybe the disciplinary action was just a way for me to rid the world of superheroes, one step at a time. It's not that they are evil. I'm all for someone saving the universe. But I'm tired of always hearing about it.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

There's a people magazine app? it was probably good I didn't know this.

Glad Aiden's first day went so well! I can't believe he's old enough for school.