Thursday, August 13, 2009

The List

Turning thirty...one, I began looking back over the last five years of my life and with great concern, I didn't feel that I had a lot to say for it. Sure, I was a mother, a wife, a worker bee - but in terms of what I had done, what I had accomplished - the list felt short.

So, to set the next five years right, I've made a list of things I want to do, to accomplish by my 36th birthday. The list is small and meek, but I want to be realistic in my efforts. No matter what I put on paper (or computer screen), we all know that life holds a lot more for us, more than we can anticipate. So, with that, I wanted to keep it small to make it accomplishable.

1. See the Northern Lights
2. Take Aiden to Disney while it's still magical
3. Live under the 150
4. Change careers, try something new where it's more than a paycheck
5. Rid my closet of clothes older than 3 years old. Replace them with something great
6. Run a 5k and a 10k, I don't know if I could do a 1/2 marathon again (sure I could...)
7. Take a cooking, photography, and/or sewing class
8. Teach someone something
9. Volunteer
10. Learn to cook on the grill

So, there it is. Technically, I could start by doing two each year. Hmm, I'd like to start with the Northern Lights and Disney (don't I wish...)

1 comment:

Crissie said...

Take a cake class at Michael's...it was SOOOO much fun and it's my once a week get-a-way with 8 ladies that I now consider good friends...
!!!