Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Shoot, I'm Just Going to Start Calling It Wednesday's 10...

1. Maybe it just seems that Tuesday comes around too quickly and I don't have time to prepare myself for a list. It's not like I have to do a Tuesday's 10... but since my brain seems to work in random sprints, it kinda works for me. Who knows, maybe I'll start blogging daily in terms of a top 10 list. Then again I could never be as clever as David Letterman.

2. Today enters day 3 of South Beach and I'm down 3.2 pounds. (Only 47.8 zillion to go.) I only tell you this so that next time you see me and ask how South Beach is going, I can laugh in your face.

3. Aiden and I had a great weekend. Jamie was in Atlanta to see Paul McCartney (which btw, he said he was great but it rained the entire show!). Many thanks to Claudia, Alessio, & Stella for keeping us company! We created some (er...) interesting science experiments with citric acid, baking soda, and milk. Yes, milk. Aiden figured out a way to make perfectly good milk curdle. I'm hoping this will mark his beginnings to become a brillant scientist that will make me (opps, him) lots of money. But in the mean time, we also played at the park and caught a matinee showing of Aliens in the Attic. Sunday, Aiden was a champ and helped me with the grocery shopping before Jamie arrived back home.

4. This coming weekend we'll start our second round of Financial Peace University (with Dave Ramsey). Since we're on the verge of doing something great (paying off our credit cards), we wanted to take an opportunity to review, re-focus, and establish some new goals. I'm excited about it ... such a nerd!

5. Any one with kids should subscribe to this magazine: Disney's Family Fun. Month after month it continues to surprise me with creative new ideas. If I only took the time to do each of them...

6. I received a notice from College Foundation that my Promissory Note had ended (or expired, can't remember). Being that these notes are only good for 10 years, do you realize the significance of this? Man, I'm getting old!

7. So, does anybody else keep up the Kardashians? Technically I don't but do find it interested that Kourtney's preggers... So much for Kourtney and Khloe taking Miami by storm... Maybe they'll take Miami by baby carriage or bottle or something?

8. Can I just tell you that work is insane?! I am up to my eyeballs in files! And there's no rest for the weary.

9. A friend of ours is having pretty major surgery Friday. Fred, we're keeping you in our prayers. We hope that everything goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

10. Aiden's getting his official 'school hair cut' Thursday afternoon. Only 6 more days till he's no longer a Pre-K kiddo. I honestly can't believe it. Any suggestions on making his first day more special? Any traditions that you could pass on to us?

2 comments:

Crissie said...

Hey Jenn -
Take a picture in front of your house every year he goes to school - I LOVE those pics my mom took. And I love looking at Bridget's...
Also pathetically obsessed with the Kardashians...
Good luck with south beach!!!

Brianne said...

I love your Top 10 today.....you could always rename it to "Weekly Top 10" that way it won't matter which day you remember to post! I am pretty sure, time permitting, you could hang with Dave on the daily top 10.....I get a kick out of your posts! :)

Oooh, and I like Crissie's idea about the picture every year. Not that you want him to grow up any faster, but just imagine all(or just a handfull)of those pictures displayed at the rehearsal dinner for his wedding....... tear. :-(