Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Birthday Biscuits for Poppy

It was a slightly belated birthday gift to my dad but well worth the wait - Saturday, we spent the morning in a southern biscuit making class through Southern Seasons. What can I say? I absolutely loved it. I left feeling so empowered, like I could conquer the world or at least biscuitville (not the store... just the land of biscuits).

The instructors walked us through making all of the southern favorites - sausage gravy, jam and grits. Then came the grand finale - two different styles of homemade biscuits, both old family recipes. Amazing... And I have recipes to boot - Feel free to email me if you're interested. I can't believe how easy they are!

The Birthday Boy
Biscuits & Jam
Man, I love carbs!

1 comment:

creative gal said...

I love your blog!! Glad to hear that you had a good time with your dad.