Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dis- and Re- Connecting

Well, I've reconnected back to 'the world' for nearly three days and have failed to post any goodies regarding our Christmas experience. 'The world,' of course, references technology - phones, computers, internet - life as we know it. What did we do before all that? But it was nice to be disconnected for a while. It slows down time when you don't have emails to check, photos to post, web-only sales to be sought, dictation (work) to catch up on.

I feel very full thinking of this year's Christmas. Not just literally, but filled with a happiness and memories of the kids playing so fondly together, the cozy fire, a family wide game of mexican train (dominoes), Gigi's Wii (GiWii as it's now been named), and walks along the lake and through the woods. I wish times like these would stand still because the day to day world is so hectic that you long for these experiences again and again. But I find comfort in knowing (and hoping) that many more experiences like this will come our way. Just want to thank my family for making it all happen. I know it took a lot of sacrifice for us all to be together. But it was a great experience.

Of course, I have pictures... But I am having just a few problems in getting them from my camera to my *new laptop.* (Thanks Jamie :-) So, just check back - If you're impatient though, check out my sister's blog - Hot Dogs for Dinner - she's posted some of the greatest!

No comments: