Monday, December 22, 2008

A Holiday Get to Know Me

I think we've all probably gotten this 'get to know your friends' email. But I thought this was a nice twist to the general questions you get normally. So, I figured what better way for you to learn a little about me than to share my responses.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely wrapping paper with curly cutesy ribbons
2. Real tree or Artificial? I'm on the fence - we have a real tree but our pooch feels the need to mark our tree on a yearly basis, so I'm considering the alternative
3. When do you put up the tree? General sometime on or after the weekend of Thanksgiving depending on schedules
4. When do you take the tree down? Generally around New Years
5. Do you like eggnog? Gag me with a spoon... Okay, who made up that saying?
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I can't remember but probably a Cabbage Patch doll
7. Hardest person to buy for? This year I struggled with the MIL
8. Easiest person to buy for? Aiden
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, although you can only see the backs of the wise men and shepherd since Aiden's convinced that they have to stare down baby Jesus and the virgin, so you can't see their faces. Even when you think you're being sneaky and turn them around once he's a sleep, you find them turned back around the next morning
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Uhm, cards... okay since I'm a card maker, I should say mail right... but I have to be honest and tell you that I sent out an email yesterday. But hey, I made cards for everyone else but myself this year
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? At the time, probably the rocking chair I received when I was 16. It's exactly what every 16 year old (who's learning to drive a minivan) wants under the tree
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Ah... what's the Christmas mouse movie where the clock breaks - love that movie! Apparently I really love it right, since I can't remember the name. Pol Ex is also a big hit around here
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometime around Thanksgiving
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Turkey with the McLaurin turkey dip
15. Lights on the tree? Ah, yeah... what else do you do with them? Besides string them all over our patio...
16. Favorite Christmas song? This year's song of choice - O Holy Night
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel, even though it's completely impossible to please two sets of in-laws no matter how hard you try
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Why of course.
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star, although it's still not straight
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Rude people
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? We don't have much of a theme, but I'd love one
23. Favorite thing at Christmas dinner? Turkey, see above
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace and happiness always

No comments: